Tired of the Hassle of Selling Large Furniture and Other Items? Read On!
There comes a time in most people’s lives when they need to get rid of things they no longer want. This could look like downsizing an office or home, relocating, upgrading, cashing out… whatever the case, you want to go online to sell furniture, appliances, electronics, art, clothing, etc.
It now comes down to the nitty-gritty of just how you do this. Some of the questions that may be circling around in your mind are…
First, do I even want to take this daunting DIY selling task on myself?
If so, you probably start trying to figure out each of the following:
- What’s the fair market value for my item(s) i.e. what should I charge and what offer should I accept?
- Which of the vast number of selling channels is the best option for me to successfully sell my item(s)?
- What’s the best way to market my item so it sells fast?
- Am I safe doing this i.e. do I want people I don’t know in my dwelling?
- What’s the best way to ship to a buyer?
- Do I have time for this? (Are you working a fulltime job and running a household; do you have even a moment more of precious time to spare?)
Let’s break down some of the biggest questions and look at the best solutions.
Is The Hassle Worth It?
Most of us live our lives on hyper-drive, with every minute of every day booked. Meaning your time is precious. And time is money. In today’s world this is even truer if you’re on a timeline. Finding yourself in a place of needing to get rid of some belongings, helping the parents downsize their home, moving the office to a different location, whatever the situation may be, let’s ask: do you want to deal with the hassle of trying to figure out how to sell all this stuff?!
- How do you price each item?
- Where do you list it?
- How do you take proper photos that will justly the $2,500 selling price for your designer sofa?
- Do you have the time to follow up and answer questions 100 different potential buyers are going to ask?
- Do you know how to ship a 200-pound desk?
- Are you prepared to schedule visitors and “lookie loos” for in your home visits? What about the hassle of all the ‘no-shows’ that come with do-it-yourself selling?
Did you know that it takes an average of four hours of your valuable time to sell one item?
In some cases, the number is much greater. The cost of those hours eats right into the profits of any potential sale.
How Likely Are You To Really Succeed?
Three of the most widely known resale outlets are Craigslist, eBay, and Facebook Marketplace. But, it is also known that people shopping these online outlets are often bargain hunters. That means you will almost always be underpaid when selling your furniture, electronics, and other household items.
Secondly, there is a subset in this market that makes a living off finding undervalued items and vulnerable sellers, looking to take advantage of their naivety and unfamiliarity with the business. Many of those turn around and sell your items for a profit. These professional DIY buyers and resellers, much like stock market day-traders, spend their lives looking to game and beat the system.
And again, it comes back to certainty, time, and safety. Do you have the time to research what your chairs might be worth? And do you feel safe sharing your address or allowing prospectors into your home? What if you live alone? Potential threats are real and should be soberly considered before undertaking any DIY selling situations.
Net / Net – Jumping into the world of DIY selling can be difficult, cumbersome,
and downright daunting
Let’s look at a simple and fantastic solution.
Professionals To The Rescue
Remoov is a revolutionary decluttering service. In one simple step, your items are reviewed (to ensure they are sellable), appraised, picked up from your home or business, and marketed across a variety of resale channels to ensure you get the best deal possible.
The entire process from start to finish is extremely simple.
- To receive a FREE estimate, you can text images of your items or schedule an appointment for an in-home visit.
- Next, Remoov will come and collect everything.
- Lastly, sit back and relax; you’ll be notified when your items are sold.
One of the biggest risks of selling is not having the experience or expertise.
Remoov is a full-service estate sale and consignment company. Professional appraisers are on staff to provide accurate resale estimates as well as the best sales channels for each item. These trained experts examine pieces to assess their value, determine authenticity, and as a result, can often uncover hidden gems.
Remoov uses its own consignment store and ecommerce platform, The Local Flea, as well as dozens of other potential resale channels to ensure your items are marketed to the largest audience possible and sold for you at the best price possible.
In short, Remoov offers:
- Higher success rate than DIY selling.
- Expert appraisers attaining the best value for your items.
- A much wider addressable audience than typical DIY selling.
And most of all, convenience. Remoov eliminates the enormous hassle of selling on your own.
- Don’t have to answer a hundred questions.
- Forget about dealing with constant ‘no-shows’.
- No need to spend time on research, taking photos, posting on sale-sites, etc. etc.
- Can forget about the aggravation of shipping stress.
For further details and a free estimate, please text or call for immediate response:
In the Bay Area, CA – (415) 969-4060
In Phoenix, AZ– (480) 542-0442)
And for quick answers to all your questions check out the FAQ Page.